The advice they give you is limited to the terms of the agreement – for example, that you understand what you agree. They will not advise you on whether this is a good agreement or if you could have done better by going to court. The transaction contract is a legal contract between you and your employer – you both have to comply. Your employer may want you to have the confidentiality of the agreement. Your employer will discuss with you what should be in the agreement, either face to face or in writing. If you have made a transaction during a trial and the court has put your right on hold for a specified period of time (“stays”), the court may request that your claim be resuscitated if your employer does not fulfill its part of the agreement within that time. Most of the time, it will be by a qualified lawyer, but it could also be a union representative or an adviser with the authority to advise on transaction agreements. A transaction contract could involve your employer, who promises to pay you a sum of money, no longer illegitimate you or treat both. Once you have reached an agreement with your employer, they will usually write it down.

Your employer usually pays for you for independent legal advice. If you sign a transaction contract without first seeking independent legal advice, you can still go to an employment tribunal. If it does not meet all of these conditions, it is not valid and you do not have to comply (although your employer does). This means that you can still take legal action in an employment tribunal. Talk to your nearest citizen or local lawyer if you feel your agreement is invalid. Tell your employer if you need someone to help you because it may be difficult for you to get involved in the conversation – for example, because of a disability or if English is not your first language. Talk to your nearest citizen council or a local lawyer if you need help deciding if you want to accept your employer`s offer. If you don`t want to negotiate with your employer, you can go to an employment tribunal instead.

To do this, you need to engage in an early conciliation. Make sure you have all the documents and data you need when you receive advice. This could be your employment contract, the date of the dispute and copies of emails about the payment. You don`t need to let someone go, but it`s a good practice for them to do it. If your employer wants you to give up your right to a court, there are only two ways to do it legally: you should get advice unless you are sure of the value of your case, for example, you know how much vacation money you should have paid. You can get advice from your nearest civic council or a local lawyer. Check to see if you can get help with legal fees if you`re not sure. If you think the offer is appropriate, it`s probably worth accepting.